Hello friends, I am back to discuss one of my fitness experience. Well, I have been dieting for around 3 months. Cutting on food portions, reducing carbs’ intake and following all other over exaggerated methods followed by many people around us. But guess what, it was a total waste of time.
So today let me enlighten you with the things I did wrong during these 3 months. Well, my parents are always like “SAM dumb A**, you will never do anything right in life”. I must say, that I completely agree with them. So now I post those things that I did wrong, on web so that it can prevent others from doing the same.
Well, let’s get started!
- I always workout early mornings, like around 6 am, because later I have to go to work like normal people 9-5 (sucks!). Besides, most of the gyms are not crowded early mornings. This helps in saving time, as during peak hours it’s totally crowed and you waste lot of time waiting for your turn or in a search of a free bench or a machine. Besides, I prefer taking smaller intervals in between my sets. So working-out early morning helps a lot.
Now the thing I did wrong, firstly, the portion of my first meal i.e. breakfast was very little. Secondly, the time after completing my workout and having my first meal was too big. I use to eat my breakfast almost one hour after my workout.
- Bad nutrition intake. I agree you have to eat small portions in all your meals but your meal should have right amount of nutrition in it.
- Not eating enough meals. The workout program I was following was too intense, but as compare to that my food intake was far more less. If you do this, your body will go to your muscles for energy and whatever you eat will be stored as fat and utilize very slowly.
- Not drinking enough water. I cannot emphasize enough how important is water intake for weight loss. You should drink minimum 3 liters of water/day.
- Not getting enough sleep. Always remember that if you want your body to recover faster from previous day’s workout then you have to sleep minimum 7 hours/day.
There were many other things that I did wrong during this cutting season but the above five spoiled my health.
Effects of Bad Dieting.
- Hair loss. I use to eat 10 egg whites every day for breakfast. Now imagine, I did this for 3 months. You might think what egg whites has to do with hair loss. Well, let me tell you this, extreme and continuous intake of egg whites reduces the absorption of Biotin (vitamin B7) in our body and accelerates hair loss.
- Loss in size. I was dieting to loose fat and instead it cost me muscle mass. This is due to consuming less meals per day.
So all I want to say is, dieting is the most important and the best way to build muscle, but you have to do it wisely and in a correct way. You need to prepare a plan in advance for your entire dieting duration. Remember this “Dieting is not eating less, it’s eating right and healthy”. I hope this article will helps you to avoid doing the same mistakes I did.
This is my recent short video after hitting chest, Triceps and Calf muscles. I am trying to bulk and put in as much muscle mass as possible. I want to be a beast with 200 pounds of muscle. Below I have mentioned my workout routine for chest, triceps and calf muscles. You can try to follow the same and I guarantee that you will feel your body pumped for a week. Try and let me know how you feel.
Sets and Reps.
- 3 sets of incline dumbbell Press (Reps-12,10,8)
- 3 decline Dumbbell Press (Reps-12,10,8)
- 3 Sets of Incline Bench Press (Reps-12,10,8)
- 3 Sets of Decline Bench Press (Reps-12,10,8)
- 3 Sets of Flat Bench Dumbbell Fly (Reps-12,8.5)
- Standing EZ French Press (Reps-10,8,6)
- Triceps DIPS (Reps-12,10,8)
- Bench DIPS (10,10,8)
- Calf Press (Reps-12,10,10)
- Standing Calf Raises (Reps-12,10,10)
- Calf Press on Leg Press Machine (Reps-12,10,10)
Well, I do all these reps with increase in weights after each rep. Or should I say “I try too” lol! I try to add more weights with each rep. Moreover, during strength training I do not rep till failure. This helps me in maintaining my PRs.
Right now I am not using any supplements. From next year, January 1st, 2016 I will be starting my supplement intake.
I will be posting all my experiences with the supplements I take, so stay connected with my blogpost.
Over the years I have seen that people try to lift weights beyond their capacity and end up doing only one rep or two. Besides, I have seen people comparing themselves with other folks coming to the gym and try to pick up more weight than them. Which I think is completely useless and will not help you in getting any results or meeting your goals.
So just remember this, if you see a guy or girl shorter than you or has less muscle mass than you but lifts more weights than you with proper form is because he/she might have started lifting weights before you over the years and might have put in a lot of hard work. Besides, with proper and continuous training you will reach there too.
Always remember you have to keep your EGO outside the gym. There are several ways you can start lifting heavy weights like other pro bodybuilders but you have to keep in mind that it will take some time and efforts to get there. To get somewhere; you first have to start somewhere!
So next time you see a guy/girl lifting more weights than you, you can do what I always do and trust me it makes me feel better.
- Add right amount of weight that you can lift easily to a machine or bar (depending on what workout you are doing).
- Do five more reps than your competitor. This will put your heart in fat burning zone as well.
- Start planning your goals and treat yourself every time you can increase the amount of weight you can lift. In short, make a plan. For instance if this week you are able to bench press 130LB make sure that you can bench press 5LB extra that is 135 LB on the first set you do next week on a bench press. This is the way I plan.
At the end it is all planning and hard work.